Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sinai's Sea!


The beauty of Dahab Egypt is truly astounding! Yesterday, I completed my Padi Open Water Diving course at the Red Sea Relax resort on the beaches of Dahab! My instructor John is a younger guy who has been diving since the age of 18. His yonky British accent makes the experiences underwater and during training fun and exciting. Tomorrow my friend Josh and I are beginning our Two day Advanced Open Water training, which certifies us to dive up to 30m! I never thought I would enjoy this diving world so much, but as soon as I conquered my fear of the water, I have a whole new appreciation for Mother's Nature's pure beauty in the ocean!
Today during our day off from the diving world, we ventured up the coast past one of Dahab's famous diving spots, Blue Hole, to the shores of Ras Abu Galum
We decided we would just take our snorkel gear to the beach, as it would be a 7 Km coastline walk to reach this prestigious reef...
and the reef was AMAZING!!!
There is a magnitude of gorgeous gorgeous red sea fish that simply take your breathe away...
all of this diving is certaintly convincing me to invest in a underwater digital camera, as these photos will be a great addition to my other above the water photos around the world!
For lunch, we met a few local Bedouins who made an incredible fish and rice stew!.
After 2 hours snorkeling around staring at these magnificant fish, I would be part of nature's cycle and have a few for lunch!


After a delicious lunch, we went back to the sea for a few more hours of snorkeling, before we made the trek back to Blue Hole and Dahab!
Josh and I have a long day ahead of us tomorrow and the next day, as we will be taking on five dives in two days for our advanced training and I am super excited!

Here is a sample of some of my writing from the day, to be included in some the photography from the area....


The evasion of my soul
When my mind seeks to explore
The spirit of my wisdom
Comes forth to the beauty in the trees
When I softly explore the beauty of the tree
My mind seeks captivity in the exploration meant to see
When the beauty of my arms,
Sings softly just waiting to be
Its the evasion of my heart that is waiting for me
when I seek softness to the beauty of the sea
The magic hands of God
lead me back to see
that the beauty of the forest
is the only world meant to be
but when the miracles of the woods
lead me blindly back to the sea
that the wisdom of the earth is coming alive for me.
Its in the magic of the cords
that the whole earth is waiting to be
in the pure magnificent ravence
simply waiting at the sea....

more tails and prose coming your way soon!
blessings

1 comment:

  1. Reading this poem brought me right back to our beachfront lunch friends/shelter/experience - I remember asking you to read it to me after you had finished writing that day.

    ReplyDelete