Friday, June 4, 2010

Through the eyes of the spirit traveler...

Many ask me through my normal life, how one chooses to pack a bag for four months and lead into a life on the road?
Or how one can constantly be on the flow of life, moving, changing, flying, observing or even dismantling ones judgments...
and for me personally, as thats the only way I truly know from how to speak....
the world of traveling and exploring simply fits into my genes.
I recall a conversation having with my sister and my childhood best friend, Anthony, before leaving on this trip:
My sister and Anthony discussed how they would find it close to impossible to not know their plans...to not have a set schedule and to simply flow with the beauty of the journey..., as for them its within their inner values to have these things sorted out.
I truly appreciated their viewpoint, as it made me appreciate their chooses even more.
This subtle difference is truly for me what makes my connection with both of them so amazing awesome and unique!
We all chuckled, as it became clear to me the true difference in my values and theirs.
And as I recall this difference, it brings striking clarity to the different worlds I get to view through my travels...
Sometimes its a world of 5 time a day prayer and dedication to God in the Muslim world, and other times watching the locals gather their food in the town's small boat water market through small villages in Vietnam. Both world's perfect for every soul who partakes, and for me a continual life of observation, seeking innner guidance and appreciation has led me to the traveling road.
This trip is the first in over 3 years, as I took two years to get my master's degree in Spiritual Psychology from the University of Santa Monica
The program was brilliant as it gave me a chance to learn a clear set system into the ways and hows of what my mind was beginning to perceive in the world around me, leaving my spirit with a strong heart-felt foundation, moving forward into a world where judgments are easily cleared and life's beauty is TRULY seen and observed...
Through this education and developing myself as a speaker and teacher with a inspirational book series, Thank God I.... it has left me with an absolutely gorgeous view of the world.
I know can travel freely, developing my next photography book, while in pure and beautiful observation of the people and cultures of the world...
For some a life lead into travel can be challenging, but for me, I find each day a brand new adventure....
Whether I am making brand new friends who will stay in my life forever, or experiencing new cultures and truly seeing it through childlike eyes, each moment can be most fully expressed by the raw beauty that exists in human kind. For when a new city is met, I now longer see the peddling man at the corner, asking me to enter into his sheesha store as a problem, I truly understand, feel and connect with this man...even though I will not be buying anything, I simply understand that he is meeting his life, with all the skills sets he has, living to the best that he knows how and at the end of the day, if he is smiling, loving and laughing: life is perfect.

For its in the perfection of our imperfections, as a society, as a culture, that truly brings us back to the oneness to which we are.

When I can be within the walls of Jerusalem, and see four completely different thriving cultures, each one in perfect inner peace, thrusting forward in life, knowing that their presence in the holy land truly represents that best way they can live, then this my friend is perfect peace.
For their will always be people fighting for peace
and their will always be people fighting against war, but the truth in all of these situations, is there will always be this unmistakable balance that is forever present in our lives, in our family, and in our universe.
So as one man makes the decision to live a life working 8-5, in absolute peace and appreciation for this choice
and one makes the decision to live a life of traveling and exploring, living in continual inner peace,
Both of these options are simply perfect, neither one worse or better than the other, simply created by souls seeking to create a life and existence that is PERFECT for them...
The challenge I do find however when traveling or experiencing people, is asking a simply question of "Are you doing what truly inspires you soul from within?"
For me I know there are many times in my life and navigator job in Hawaii, where I am not COMPLETELY inspired from within, however, I am aware that my actions and my day to day soul evolution is leading me to more situations that will test my fears, dissolve my judgments and put me into situations that will allow my spirit to fly with the eagles of eternal creation...

And for this, I am inspired from within, which leads me to simply, listen, love and continually seek experiences that will evolve my soul and transgress my spirit to greater and greater love and gratitude for this earth.
And its through this travel, this journey, that lets me see each individual through the eyes of a loving, judgement free eye, for they are simply living and breathing their life the best they know how..
So my question for all of you today is simply and honestly, are you living with this inspiration from within, or are you making the changes in your life that lead you in this beautiful heart felt direction?

Honestly and Truthfully is simply the only way to speak with yourself from within your bright beautiful inner counselor of wisdom....

more adventures & insights to continue as tomorrow I become and advanced diver and then head for Mt. Sinai and the pyramids of Egypt... :)

1 comment:

  1. what a beautifully concise and true depiction of our situation here in Egypt. You inspire me and make me think...so much I will force myself to sleep!

    ReplyDelete