Friday, April 13, 2012

cycling tales of italy begins...

The beginnings of my journey started today, friday the 13th of April.
After completing the ends of my annual two week "ops" with the navy, I began my cycling tour down the Coast of Italy.
Well I got about 2 feet out the door of the hotel and was already soaked due to downpours! So my initial plan B took affect; with a train out of dirty Naples, heading to a small village Cava De'Tirreni to meet my first couchsurfing host for this trip. After a short one hour train ride out of the city (took train to eleviate getting run over and soaked with dirty puddle water, while potenially getting lost in Naples), I arrived in this suburd city of Napoli. It was getting late, and I still had a large hill climb to the even smaller village of Marini for my evening of sleep and conversations with a new friend.
Dianne is great, a canadian born, Italian living English teacher with a great humour, and an even more hiliarious blog. Check it out here, with some of her real conversations she shares through her "dating" fiascoes dealing with Italian men.
Hilarious real life humour, LOVE IT.
My first day of cycling awaits me, hopefully with some dry terrain down the coast!


Here's some Naples flowers, that sets the tone for the rustic, edgy and beautiful space Napoli leaves in my heart....

and of course the beautiful amalfi coast...


1 comment: